Itanium support

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I was testing the project I'm working on on a 64bit box. When I tried running a backup Intel 64bit box I got the following error trying to run a build of AlphaVSS.Win2003.x64

Type:        System.AccessViolationException
Message:    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Stack Trace:       at Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.VssBackupComponents.WriterMetadataList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at L8.Classes.VssBackupHelper.InitializeBackup() in C:\Lucid8\Exchange Monkey\Monkey VSS\L8EVSS Snap\Classes\VssBackupHelper.cs:line 129
   at L8.L8EVSSSnap.RunBackup(VssBackupInfo backupInfo) in C:\Lucid8\Exchange Monkey\Monkey VSS\L8EVSS Snap\L8EVSSSnap.cs:line 507
   at L8.L8EVSSSnap.<>c__DisplayClass8.<RunBackup>b__7() in C:\Lucid8\Exchange Monkey\Monkey VSS\L8EVSS Snap\L8EVSSSnap.cs:line 612
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Source:        AlphaVSS.Win2003.x64
Target Site:    Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.IVssExamineWriterMetadata get_Item(Int32)

I looked into the build I made and found that my build was pointing to the amd64 libs so I created a new build config for Itanium and made that config use the ia64 libs. When I try building I get the following build errors.

Error    1    error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hdr'    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0\include\prsht.h    531    AlphaVSS.Win2003
Error    2    error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0\include\prsht.h    531    AlphaVSS.Win2003
Error    3    error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0\include\prsht.h    531    AlphaVSS.Win2003

I split the AlphaVSS.Platforms project into separate projects for the different versions of windows because I needed to be able to build for both windows version at the same time but as far as I can tell I copied the settings exactly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.