Very interesting project.

May 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Before I found this, I embarked on a journey to do this very thing.

... and exactly as you said, the sheer volume was incredible. But over 5 nights of coding, I managed to take nearly every single portion of vssapi.h and translate it, functions, structures, interfaces and all, into Visual Basic .NET.

I saw some of the conundrums involving interfaces without IIDs ... I had not planned on carrying my own version that far, since all I needed to do was activate requestors ... but it is good to know, ahead of time, that some functions just won't work without the C++/CLI ... I didn't design mine for public consumption, though. I just needed to activate the service in order to create my own backup.