Visual studio 2010 support

May 16, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Thanks for this great project!

The current project checked into source code which can be opened by visual studio 2010 is still set up to use the visual studio 2008 C++ compiler.  It would be good if that was changed.

Secondly, it would be good to see the framework version updated to use the .net 4.0 client framework.

And as others have mentioned it would be good to have a compiled build of 1.1 that can be used, rather than having to use version 1.0.

...Stefan

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM

The reason it's using the 2008 C++ compiler is out of necessity because it is targeting .NET framework 2.0.

The reason for the .NET 2.0 framework use is simply because it should allow more people to use it in their projects, since many people don't use 4.0 yet. No one would be happier than me if I could skip all the hassle with having two compilers installed and so on and just use VS2010 and .NET 4.0 straight through, but I'm not sure that everyone would agree that is a good idea.

And finally I am very aware of the need for a 1.1 release. It is long overdue and I can only apologize for that. But I am still planning on getting a release out before the end of the month anyway, knock on wood.

Sincerely, Peter.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Just wanted to add that now there is a version that should build without the need for Visual Studio 2008 and that uses the .net 4.0 client framework, version 1.2. Version 1.1 is based on the same source code but targets .net 2.0 and still requires the use of Visual Studio 2008.

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM

That's great news! Thank you!