Bad CHM file?

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I just downloaded the shadow copy library and found I have a problem with the CHM file documentation. I can open the file and see the "tree" in the left pane, but a selected item will not display in the right pane. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Aug 21, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Properly something with security.
1: Rigth-click the file and make sure it's not protected. Cannot remember what the property is called....you'll find it ;-)
2: Try to run the file as local-admin. (hold shift-down and right-click the file)
Aug 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
I tried what was suggested with no results. The right pane has message like "Navigation to the web page was cancelled." I broght the file home to try because I thought there might be a premissions problem. Same resultsd\s at home.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM
This is usually a problem when accessing the file over a network. For some reason .CHM files are really sensitive about this stuff. If you get it from a network location to a local folder it should work, but you may have to right-click the file, go into properties and find a button called "Unblock" or something similar. Hope this helps.