AlphaShadow

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Hey Everyone,

Is there any documentation on AlphaShadow? I have figured out how to create a snapshot, delete a snapshot, get writer status and query. The problem is exposing the snapshot as a drive. Does anyone know the format of the commands? Or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Richard
Nov 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I too have downloaded the build which has the document AlphaVSS.chm. The document does not have examples on the usage of the different api's exposed.
Is this project still active ?

Can you please share you code snippet ?.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM
The AlphaShadow sample should be fairly self-documenting. Running "alphashadow help" will display the commands, and then you can get more help for a specific command by typing for example "alphashadow help create" to get help for the create command.
You may also want to compare to the C++ vshadow sample that comes with the windows SDK on which AlphaShadow is based.

There are no examples other than the AlphaShadow application, you need to study the source code there together with the documentation to learn about the API, but the API is basically more or less the raw C++ API, just converted to .NET and made more convenient to use from there, so the MSDN documentation should be your main source of information.