Visual Studio Compatibility

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I'm having problem opeing the AlphaVSS.sln solution file with Visual C#/C++ Express 2010. I'm suing version 1.2 (.Net 4.0) bu t it gives me solution folder error. It also compalins about .vcporj file. I've 2010 express and Visual studio 2008  Professional. Which version of source code would be best for my config. Any work around for 2010 express. Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Unfortunately I have no idea on whether it will work on the Express edition or not. It may very well be that the solution/projects use features that aren't available in that edition of Visual Studio. Is it even possible to have a solution with C#/C++ projects mixed in the Express edition?

Since version 1.1 I've been working exclusively with Visual Studio 2010. But the 1.1 source code should be compilable in Visual Studio 2008 as well I think, of course none of the project files or solution files will open there so in that case you would have to re-create them (which may be a hassle indeed) I believe.

But a new binary release is coming up shortly hopefully, so maybe you can live without being able to compile the sources and just use the binaries instead?