This project is read-only.

LoadImplementation Fails

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm running Visual Studio 2010 Premium on a Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 on a 64 bit Intel Core i7 machine.

I have referenced the common dll from my project, and imported all the other dll's into the solution and set them to "copy to output folder" so that they are present in builds.

I'm building my application with DEBUG and ANY CPU configuration.

When my application runs the following line of code:

IVssImplementation vssI = VssUtils.LoadImplementation();

I get this error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'AlphaVSS.60.x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

I have checked to ensure that all the supporting DLL's (including the one it's complaining about) are present in the BIN folder of my application's build.

Scouring through the crash dump, I get the following interesting results.  For some reason, it's looking in D:\Coding\AlphaVSS\Release\1.1\Source\AlphaVSS.Common\Classes\ for vssUlts.cs (??)

Any clues as to why this might be happening and the assembly is failing to load?  I'm stumped.  Thanks in advance for any help.

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AlphaVSS.60.x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)

at Alphaleonis.Win32.Vss.VssUtils.LoadImplementation() in D:\Coding\AlphaVSS\Release\1.1\Source\AlphaVSS.Common\Classes\VssUtils.cs:line 119

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Hi

I have the same configuration (Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 on a 64 bit Intel Core i7 machine).

When my application runs the following line of code:

IVssImplementation vssI = VssUtils.LoadImplementation();

I get this error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'AlphaVSS.60.x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

you can help me

Thanks

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Edited Apr 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Could you ensure that the VC++ 2010 SP1 redistributables are installed? They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13523

Otherwise, I guess it might be that Windows Home Premium edition does not support VSS... I would have to investigate that.